Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 1, 2013

The Hermit Or seeing myself and my purpose in a new light.







The Hermit
Or seeing myself and my purpose in a new light.

When you read Tarot cards for yourself and others, you're probably going to get pretty darn good at seeing yourself in a particular card.

For me, it's the Hermit, and not just cos' it's my Birth Card either.

I have panic disorder. (Sometimes I think it has me!) I have chronic depression. I have PTSD. Yada. Yada. Yada. Blah. Blah. Blah.

This has been my story since childhood, even when I didn't know the official names and especially didn't tell anyone what my inner world (and the world between my homes' walls) was truly like.

I've seen myself as a hermit because of the disorders I have (Oh, shush, disorders. I have you, not the other way around. Now, go play nicely together!) rather than seeing being a Hermit as a blessing. When I read for others and I see the Hermit, I almost always focus on the card's strong points: how walking alone (figuratively or literally) allows time for growth and reflection which can then be shared with others.

When I see myself as a Hermit, I see pain, loneliness, weakness, guilt, and shame. (insert more yada here)

Today, I choose to see the light in the adorable Hermit bear's hand. I choose to see it in my own hand.

I shine a light in my own way. When I mother my children. And others. (Ask my daughter about the time I mothered the clerk at the McDonald's drive-thru. Yep. True story. The poor dear had a terrible cough and needed hot water and honey.)

I shine my light with my Tarot readings.

I shine my light with  my artwork.

I shine my light with my lovingly crafted dolls.



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét